Friday, February 16, 2007

NBA Banishes Tim Hardaway From All-Star Game After Anti-Gay Remarks

NBA Banishes Tim Hardaway From All-Star Game After Anti-Gay Remarks


MIAMI — The NBA banished Tim Hardaway from All-Star weekend in Las Vegas because of his anti-gay remarks.

Hardaway, who played in five All-Star games during the 1990s, was already in Las Vegas and scheduled to make a series of public appearances this week on behalf of the league. But after saying, "I hate gay people" during a radio interview, commissioner David Stern stepped in.

"It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours," Stern said in a statement Thursday.

Hardaway apologized for his comments, which came a week after John Amaechi became the first former NBA player to say he was gay.

"As an African-American, I know all too well the negative thoughts and feelings hatred and bigotry cause," Hardaway said Thursday in a statement issued by his agent. "I regret and apologize for the statements that I made that have certainly caused the same kinds of feelings and reactions.

More.


I don't know why he is apologizing. It is his opinion. It is how he feels about homos. First amendment says he can say it.

I liked him better before he apologized.


I hate homos too.

I think they are an abomination and an affront to God.


No comments: